Fluffy banana cake with almond flour
…and maple syrup!
Nope, there is no escaping my Canadian twists 🙂 On top of obviously making the cake sweet, maple syrup also adds its specific flavour to the cake.
It’s the perfect recipe if you have bananas that are a bit overripe to be eaten, as you’ll need to get extra ripe bananas for this recipe.
Tip: banana is ripe when it starts having black spots and all the green is gone: black spots are not a proof that the banana is turning bad, they’re just sugar!
- Preheat your oven to 180°. Butter a cake pan or a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas and add the melted margarine, maple syrup, eggs and milk. Mix well (I usually use a hand mixer).
- Slowly add flours and baking powder to the mixture; mix well.
- Add the walnuts and chocolate drops and transfer to your dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes and allow to cool - tasty whether you eat it warm or cold!